Teeth Whitening can Dramatically Brighten Your Smile
With the in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments available at our Wilmington, DE, practice, you can achieve a brighter smile and increased self-confidence. In a 2012 survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, participants were asked what makes a smile unattractive, and the top response was “discolored, yellow, or stained teeth.” Our treatments make it easy to eliminate dental stains and achieve a beautiful, charismatic smile. Contact Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates today to learn more about teeth whitening, or to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists.
Teeth Whitening Candidates
Most patients who wish to achieve a brighter smile are candidates for teeth whitening treatments. In general, teeth whitening candidates:
- Are at least 16 years old.
- Have few, if any, restorations, since crowns, bridges, and dentures do not respond to teeth whitening and could create an unnatural “patchwork” look.
- Are not allergic to the bleaching formulas used in our in-office or take-home treatments.
- Do not suffer from active decay or gum disease. These conditions must be addressed before moving ahead with any cosmetic treatment.
- Are in good general health.
- Are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not suffer with pronounced tooth sensitivity. If you do, we may be able to recommend a treatment plan that can brighten your smile without exacerbating these conditions.
During your initial consultation, our dentists will assess your oral health, review your dental records, and discuss your cosmetic concerns to determine if you qualify for teeth whitening. We will also discuss the cost of treatment with you and which option best for your budget.
If you choose chairside whitening, we will place a bleaching solution on your teeth and use a special light to intensify its effects. We will supervise your treatment to ensure that your teeth are whitened consistently and successfully. In-office whitening may be completed in a single visit or over the course of a few appointments, depending on your needs and desired results.
As a touch-up tool after an in-office procedure, or a teeth whitening treatment in its own right, we also offer at-home kits. These include a prescription-strength whitening gel from Rembrandt® or Opalescence®, and custom plastic trays that fit snugly over your teeth. Our dentists will help you choose which brand and type of whitening formula will suit your needs and preferences. At home, you will place the whitening gel within the trays and wear them in prescribed intervals until you have achieved the desired results.
Our treatments make it easy to eliminate dental stains and achieve a beautiful, charismatic smile.
Teeth whitening is one of our most popular treatments because it:
- Is convenient and simple to complete.
- Can give you a more attractive, rejuvenated appearance.
- Removes both deep and superficial stains.
- Is very safe, especially when performed under the supervision of our dentists. We will directly monitor the progress of in-office treatments and make ourselves available for any questions or concerns you may have during the course of at-home teeth whitening.
Brighten Your Smile
Whether performed in the comfort of your home or at our convenient office, teeth whitening can brighten your smile and boost your confidence. To learn more about our treatment options, or to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors, contact us today.