Solutions for Overcoming Dental Fear
Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates can help you get the care you need.
We Can Help!
Whatever your individual level of anxiety may be, our office is committed to making sure that your visit is as comfortable, quick and easy as possible. There are many solutions for dental anxiety, and we are ready to help. Here are a few popular methods for easing anxiety in the dental office:
- Communication: Informing us as to what you are afraid of is a great place to start. Often we can quell a fear simply by giving you correct or updated information. We will always keep you informed before, during and after your procedure, making sure that you understand what is going on and why we are doing it.
- Calming Techniques: Many patients find it helpful to practice controlled breathing or to find distraction inside the room.
- Listening to Music: With most procedures, the use of personal headphones and music is allowed. This is a great way to keep calm and pass the time while in the chair.
- Oral Sedation: Depending on the nature of your procedure, various types of sedation may be available to you including oral sedation.
- Taking Breaks: Let us know if you would like to take a short break during your treatment by signaling with your left hand.
Oral health is important for the health of your whole body. Don’t let fear stand in your way of good dental care! We can help you get the care that you need. Call Today to Make an Appointment. Wilmington Office Phone Number 302-999-8113