Superior Denture Support
Implant-supported Dentures Wilmington
Video: DenturesWe remake dentures at Smile Solutions in Wilmington to restore the natural smile. Enlarge Video View All Videos
Missing teeth can severely impact your quality of life. Our teeth are an essential part of speaking, chewing, laughing, and more. At Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates, we create beautiful, natural-looking partial and full dentures that restore balance and comfort to a compromised smile. We are also proud to offer implant-supported dentures, which are unmatched in stability and security. To learn more about how implant-supported dentures can benefit you, contact our Wilmington office today.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed in the jawbone. They replace a natural tooth root after a tooth has been extracted. Dental implants provide the absolute best support for crowns and dentures because they fuse directly to the jawbone, essentially becoming a part of your body.
How Do Implants Support Dentures?
Usually, a few strategically placed implants can provide a stable support system for a partial or full denture. Each denture we create is crafted according to molds taken from the patient's implants and dental arches, and designed to attach directly to the implants. The result is stability equal to that of natural teeth, so you can use your dentures to bite into apples, corn on the cob, and other chewy foods without a second thought.
Benefits of Implant-supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures offer a wealth of benefits:
- Dental implants help retain bone mass in the jaw. In the absence of tooth roots, your body will begin to resorb bone cells, causing the jaw to atrophy. The body actually perceives dental implants as tooth roots, and this halts the resorption process.
- Implants can help you feel more confident. It's hard to enjoy eating a delicious meal or sharing a laugh with friends if you are worried that your dentures might slip out of place. Implant-supported dentures allow you to eat, smile, and speak with absolute confidence, helping you to experience greater enjoyment in life.
- Our dentures are carefully crafted to look natural. You don't have to worry that those around you will notice your dentures, or that your dentures look artificial. We customize all our restorations to complement your natural features.
- Implant-supported dentures can help you look rejuvenated. A severely compromised smile can result in sunken cheeks and an overall aged appearance. Our dentures are carefully crafted to achieve a proper fit, thereby complementing your facial features and helping you look healthy and vibrant.
- Implant-supported dentures can help you speak more clearly. It's easy to take your teeth for granted, but the truth is that enunciation depends greatly on the stability of your teeth. Our implant-supported dentures can help you to speak clearly and confidently.
Contact Us Today
If you are suffering with a compromised smile, you owe it to yourself to explore your candidacy for dental implants and implant-supported dentures. Quite simply, they are one of the very best investments you can make in your smile, and your quality of life. To learn more about implant-supported dentures and other restorative treatments we offer, contact our office today.