Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Virtual and In-Office Consultations Available
Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates is open and seeing all dental patients. We will continue to follow all of our Covid- 19 protocols we have put in place to protect our patients and staff as follows:
- Screen patients for signs or symptoms of infection when updating their medical histories.
- Include temperature readings as part of our routine assessment of the patient prior to performing dental procedures.
- Make sure the personal protective equipment we are using is appropriate for the procedures performed.
- Using a rubber dam whenever possible to decrease possible exposure to infectious agents.
- Using high speed evacuation for all dental procedures producing an aerosol.
- Autoclaving our handpieces after each patient.
- Having our patient rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide before each appointment. Coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation; this will reduce the salivary load of oral microbes.
- Clean and disinfect public areas hourly, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
In addition, we will refer to the following resources for guidance and continue to visit the CDC and ADA websites regularly for updates.
- As an extra precaution, we will be taking temperatures of all staff members at the beginning of each work day. If a member of our staff has a temperature of 99.5 degrees or more, they will be sent home.
- Our office has additionally installed 8 industrial size air filtration units that will remain on and cleaning our office air throughout the day.