Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Virtual and In-Office Consultations Available
- Screening patients for international travel, signs or symptoms of infection prior to appointment.
- Including temperature readings as part of our routine assessment of the patient prior to performing dental procedures.
- We will be taking temperatures of all staff members at the beginning of each work day. If a member of our staff has a temperature of 99.5 degrees or more, they will be sent home.
- Making sure the personal protective equipment we are using is appropriate for the procedures performed.
- Adding additional personal protective equipment as needed such as; N95 masks, full length disposable gowns, bonnets and face shields
- Offering disposable masks to all patients who request upon arrival to the office.
- Using a rubber dam whenever possible to decrease possible exposure to infectious agents.
- Using high speed evacuation for all dental procedures producing an aerosol.
- Having our patient rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide before each appointment. Coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation; this will reduce the salivary load of oral microbes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas hourly, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
- No touch doors, sinks and paper towel dispensers where able.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the office for staff and patient use.
- Wait-less check in to the office! Upon arrival all patients will call our check in line 302-999-8114. Once asked pre-screening questions patients will be asked to enter the office and will be seated immediately in their treatment room. This limits patient to patient contact.
- In room check out. Patients will no longer need to check out at the front desk but instead a roaming receptionist will go over future treatment plans, schedule future appointments and receive payment in the treatment room.
- Plexiglass shields in front of all work stations minimizing airborne droplets.
- Our office has installed 8 industrial size air filtration units that will remain on and cleaning our office air throughout the day.
This list is in addition to the standard OSHA protocols we follow daily.
Please continue to check your e-mail and our website for updates on future appointments and what to expect on your first appointment back post COVID-19.