Can I get dentures in a day?
The short answer is yes. However, the real question I think that you should ask is do “I” want dentures in a day? I am being somewhat facetious with my last statement so I will try to explain my point.
I would like to lose weight in a day, or get in shape in a day or bench press more in a day. Most things in life that are valuable or worthwhile take more than a day. Now, I can make a set of dentures in a day if certain things happen:
- I need a thorough exam to make sure dentures are what are required to fix the patients’ problem.
- I need to make sure the person has an established bite or vertical dimension that is functional.
- I need to make sure I can capture the bite accurately so the lab can duplicate in the dentures
- I need to take an accurate impression of gums and teeth.
- I need to pour models and send to lab
- The lab needs to mount the case at the proper bite
- The lab needs to remove the stone teeth from model and adjust gum tissue on model.
- The lab needs to set the teeth in the proper three dimensions so the look and function properly.
- The lab the needs to process in a stable material.
- The lab needs to finally adjust the bite after processing to minimize any errors from processing then polish and send to office.
- I need to try in your mouth and make sure all your teeth hit properly
- I need to remove any spots on the denture that rubs your gums too much.
If all these steps are performed well then I can make a set of dentures in a day. If I want to make a set of dentures in a day but these previous steps are not done ideally then I have to accept slight to moderate to major errors leading to poor fit, function or look of the denture in a day.
Some offices can do many of these steps in a day and for a very low price. At times, the price difference may be enough that the patient may have to overlook some irregularities and accept them as a compensation for a quicker delivery of a denture. At times, in my experience, all the stars are aligned and the denture looks very good and the patient got a reduced fee. Life is good on those days!
Please feel free to call my office for a free consultation to discuss dentures or any other topic in dentistry. Call 302-999-8113
Comments are closed.