Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening Instead of Over-the-counter Treatments?
A bright, white smile can transform your appearance, making most people look younger and more refreshed. Professional tooth whitening can give you a bright, white, youthful smile in as little as one dental visit. Professional tooth whitening can achieve results in a single 60-minute visit that weeks of over-the-counter treatments are not capable of. This is why the Wilmington based team of cosmetic dentists at Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates offer Zoom!® teeth whitening treatment for instant results.
The Disadvantages of Over-the-counter Teeth Whitening Systems
Though over-the-counter teeth whitening systems offer the convenience of whitening at home, they have many disadvantages. Over-the-counter whitening treatments must be used for multiple days, often a week or more, for 30 or more minutes at a time. That's a big time commitment and, even after all that time, many people do not achieve the whitening results they desire. Some of the disadvantages of over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments include:
- Poor Results: Most over-the-counter whitening treatments are not as powerful as professional whitening systems, resulting in poor whitening results.
- Uneven Whitening: Over-the-counter whitening systems can result in uneven whitening. This may be caused by user error, for instance not applying the whitening product properly, or from the teeth not being thoroughly cleaned before applying the treatment.
- Time Commitment: Over-the-counter whitening systems generally require long time commitments; this can include using the system for 30 minutes a day for a week, to sleeping with the treatment on your teeth for an extended period of time.
- Increased Tooth Sensitivity: Teeth-whitening treatments can increase tooth sensitivity, especially when used over an extended period of time.
- Gum Irritation: Whitening gels and products can irritate the gums when used repeatedly.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is performed in a monitored setting by dentists specializing in whitening treatment that offer superior results to over-the-counter systems. The Zoom!® teeth whitening system is the leading professional teeth whitening treatment. Zoom!® provides incredible whitening results through a combination of concentrated bleaching gel and a special whitening light. The light is applied to the teeth after the gel is applied to boost the whitening power of the treatment. This results in teeth brightened up to ten shades in a single 60-minute treatment. Professional teeth whitening offers such benefits as:
- Quick and Effective: In-office whitening treatments can achieve the desired whitening result in as little as one 60-minute treatment so you can have an instantly transformed smile and move on with life.
- Better Whitening Results: In-office whitening treatments make the teeth whiter than over-the-counter treatments due to professional grade bleaching gels and professional tools.
- Professionally Performed: Professional whitening treatments are performed by skilled dental professionals who have the training and experience to ensure high-quality results.
Enjoy the Benefits of a Bright, White Smile
A pearly white smile doesn't have to be just a dream. You can have a white smile you'll want to show off in just one dental visit. To find out if professional teeth-whitening treatment is right for you or to find out about alternative procedures, schedule a consultation with Smile Solutions by Emmi Dental Associates today.
Comments are closed.